Omega 3 EPA and DHA
Concerns over fish oils:
- Rapidly declining fish stocks
- PCB's and heavy metal polutants
- Extensive processing, deodourising, distilling, heating or refining of the delicate oils
- Fishy aftertaste and burps!
Cleanmarine Krill Oil is
- Sustainably and ethically harvested
- 100% pure from the cleanest ocean (every batch is tested for purity)
- Requires non of the extensive processing undertaken on fish oils
- No fishy aftertaste or burps!
About Cleanmarine Krill Oil
Antarctic Krill are tiny shrimp like crustaceans that live in our cool deep oceans. They are the most abundant living organism on the planet and provide a source of EPA and DHA in the form of Phospholipids, rather than the Triglyceride Omega 3 found in fish oils. Our cell membranes are made up predominantly of phospholipids so the EPA and DHA is easily assimilated by the body.
Krill also contain a powerful natural anti-oxidant - Astaxanthin - which gives them their redish colour.
Sustainability and Ethical fishing
Cleanmarine uses Krill Oil that has been certified to the Marine Stewardship Councils standard for sustainabilty - the first Omega 3 Oil to have such an accreditation in Europe. The fishing vessel has a full time observer from the WWF onboard to ensure there is no "side" catch and that strictly controlled quotas are adhered too. Only 0.0375% of all krill are fished each year, well below the precautionary level of 1%. There is no danger of over-fishing with such a tightly controlled environment.
Cleanmarine Krill are harvested from deep in the antarctic ocean. They have exceptional purity for 3 key reasons:
- The antarctic current that moves in a circular motion round the Antarctic keeps the poluted waters of the Atlantic and Pacific from mixing so protecting the waters and the the wildlife from these potentially harmful elements.
- Krill are very low down in the food chain so that even if there were polutants they would accumulate extremely small amounts. Fish are higher up the chain and therefore can accumulate alot more toxins.
- Astaxanthin naturally keeps the oil from oxidising and becoming rancid without the need to add anything or refine the oil.
No Fishy burps!
As fish oils provide Omega 3 EPA and DHA in Triglyceride form which the body has to break down and then reassemble into a form it needs at the cellular level and is absorbed by the stomach , you will often find that the fish oils repeat on you with an unpleasant fishy aftertaste. Cleanmarine Krill Oil is absorbed by the small intestine, not the stomach and is already in the form required for efficient absorption so you do not get the same reflux or aftertaste ensuring no complaints from your partner or friends!!
DHA contributes to the maintenance of normal brain function and vision. The beneficial effect is obtained with a daily intake of 250mg DHA.
EPA and DHA contribute to the normal function of the heart. The beneficial effect is obtained with a daily intake of 250mg of EPA and DHA.
Cleanmarine Krill Oil supplies easily absorbed EPA and DHA. DHA contributes to the maintenance of normal vision. The beneficial effect is obtained with a daily intake of 250 mg of DHA.
Krill Oil, Glycerin, Gelatine softgel capsule.
* Keep out of reach of children
* Do not exceed the stated dose
* Do not take supplements as a substitute for a varied balanced diet
* Not suitable for persons with an allergy to fish or shellfish
* Check with your doctor before consuming if taking blood thinning medication or if pregnant
Information on this site is not intended to diagnose or treat any health condition. We recommend that if you are pregnant, nursing, have a medical condition or are currently taking medication that you seek advice from a health professional before you take any dietary supplement. Always read the product directions before use and do not exceed the recommended intake. Food Supplements should not be taken as an alternative to a balanced diet. Keep out of reach of children